Thursday 15 May 2014

Research making all the difference


I imagine that without all the cancer research in recent years, leading to improved treatments and better survival rates, my expectations and mood would be very different from my last blog post.  Chemo therapy was something I had associated with horrible, relentless side-effects.
As it is, thanks to research, there are drugs that help control these side effects – on the whole. Certainly for me they exist but are manageable, enabling me to still enjoy many days between chemo sessions.
Whatever your closest encounter is with cancer – yourself, family or friend – you may like to support this research if you feel able: just click on the link below. Apparently 1 in 3 of us will have some form of cancer in our lifetime, an astounding statistic.

My daughter is doing her bit - perhaps inspired by the Olympics!! 

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about you and sending you our best wishes for strength and a good recovery

    ReplyDelete