Monday 19 February 2018

Fabrication not fiction! weaving update ...


My past couple of blog posts have been serious – perhaps too much for some, I don’t know.
Time to lighten the mood then! It’s a while since I issued a weaving update. A few Facebook people politely expressed interested in this so here's more evidence of looming madness - a few home crafted products, as our house and family members are becoming somewhat swathed in various tartans and plaids.  My previous post last year.
I find it sadly therapeutic seeing a medley of colours grow into an item that I know for sure no-one else in the world has ever seen!! Very much not mass-produced!
These carry on from where I left off last time. Yes, we have too many cushions.

After making a pale fine baby blanket I embraced the brightest colours I could find for a lightly padded cot blanket or play mat.
Colours inspired by native American Indian craft. 



... this was the soft, baby blanket with matching, tiny, prem-baby garments.


Now, like it or not, all family members will be receiving for birthdays a scarf to suit their personalities. My lucky son-in-law was first on the calendar and I had thought black, white, grey with a hint of red, but daughter put me right, assuring me that he is a muddy-brown, muddy-green with a hint of mustard kind of guy.



Combined the usual with a length of fabric I had in the cupboard for years - kitchen chair cushions, lightly padded but quite flat.





 oh - another view of the one above ...

 and the blanket of many colours folded ready for gift-wrapping!
 Yeah, for Christmas!!



I like to try and make square cushions symmetrical in design; so unless you have a very sharp, photographic memory, the rows need to be recorded on paper as once you get started the length gets rolled up on the loom and disappears out of sight.
This one is to go with bedroom colour scheme. 

Enough? for now anyway ...
Thanks for bearing with me.



When I see Michael Portillo on TV I'm inspired to wonder if he might like a scarf woven in all his jacket and trousers colourways. What do you think?



5 comments:

  1. Thank you for making this article, we have so much to learn from this. Informative and knowledgeable. Meanwhile, If you are interested and looking for blinds fabrications
    you may visit our website. You can also check our available services to offer. Thank you and Godbless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is very engaging! Amazing piece and is worth reading and sharing. Hoping for more of this kind of work of yours author. Meanwhile. If you are interested and looking for blinds fabrication servicesFeel free to check and visit our site and look for our affordable items with a very nice quality. Thank you and Godbless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m having a fortnight meeting in USA so my stress reliever is reading some blogs, but it’s quite difficult for me to spend or waste my time in simple blogs or non sense writings then somehow I read your works It’s so confusing because I love your enthusiasm on this subject so I comment on to admire your style. It happens that I’m curious about blinds fabrication, I think you should try to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have an inspiring thoughts which makes me more capable in this things like blinds fabrication services that is recently needed in our department.

    ReplyDelete